Tutorials → How to Build Apps
Getting Data Into & Out of JourneyApps
Once you've successfully built and deployed a JourneyApps application, one of the challenges you'll most likely have to deal with is how to get data into and out of JourneyApps, including how to integrate your JourneyApps application with existing software systems. JourneyApps offers two pieces of functionality for this purpose:
- CSV Import & Export: Allows importing and exporting data in bulk using CSV format.
- The JourneyApps API: A robust and comprehensive REST API to interface with your JourneyApps application programmatically.
CSV Import & Export
The CSV import & export functionality is available on the JourneyApps App Backend for the particular environment where your app is deployed.
First, select the object type that you want to import or export. Then click on the Import/Export button at the top right.
The CSV import/export instructions for the particular object type will then be shown:
The JourneyApps API is ideal for the following purposes:
- Integrating JourneyApps programmatically with another software system
- Building a custom web portal to allow users to browse data stored in the JourneyApps cloud environment for your app
- Extending your JourneyApps application with custom functionality in the cloud such as sending SMSs or emails
- ...and so on
On a technical level, the API takes the form of a RESTful HTTP interface, and uses standard HTTP authentication.
Full details about the API configuration, capabilities and functioning can be found on the API Reference documentation.